Brothers in Arms

September 2, 2014

The secret SP handshake.
[La Grande Armée de 1812 via wikimedia]

Hooray! I finally found another active SP blog! notmyself2day details his experience as an SP: his cases, encounters, the structure of his school and events. Tom writes with good details and references.

I especially liked this perspective: "This will be like therapy inside out. As a therapist I am usually the one asking the questions. As an SP my goal is similar to that of therapist: to enhance the student’s ability to engage in the world of human relationships successfully."

It makes me wish I had some therapy background! When I first began as an SP I approached it from an acting perspective, but I feel like I've had to develop some therapy skills over time to give effective feedback.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretend you're giving feedback to a student. Be calm, kind and constructive. I reserve the right to moderate or remove comments to keep the conversation focused and productive.